Friday 20 January 2012

Research: CD cover 'London Calling'

Here is a peice of album artwork that is from a totally different genre of music than that I am producing a digital package for:




















The album 'London Calling' by 'The Clash' is considered as an iconic album cover and there are ideas from this that I would like to incorporate into my CD cover.
For example the title layout along the left hand side and the bottom of the cover could be Incorporated into my CD cover. And also the use of the colours used pink and green. These colours are eye catching which is often the desired effect of a CD cover as it can attract customers. The sans-serif style font used in this album artwork is also interesting.
But the thing I like most about this artwork is the photo that is used. The photo shows the bass player Paul Simonon smashing his instrument against the stage as The Clash played in New York in 1979. The image tells a story to the onlooker. I hope to succeed this when making our CD cover by using images from our music video footage.

No comments:

Post a Comment