Friday 4 November 2011

Research: 30 Second edit for Golden Earring - Radar Love

Me and my partner recently embarked on producing a 30 second edit of the dutch rock band Golden Earring song Radar Love. We decided only to input performance only into the edit and leave out narrative. This would help us practice syncing instruments in tempo with the song and also the difficult task of lip syncing.
Here is he video completed:


Me and my partner are pleased at how this has turned out. Although it does not conform to the standard conventions of a rock music video we thought it offered a more modern alternative.
Making this music video was beneficial as it helped me practice editing on Final Cut, it allowed me to play around with layering particular shots on one another as seen in the sequence, it allowed me to practice lip syncing to a song and it allowed me to practice using a new video camera which was previously unfamiliar too me. Everything I have learnt is good practice for the creation of my final music video.

No comments:

Post a Comment